Measuring the Natural Rate of Interest: International Trends and Determinants, with Thomas Laubach and John C. Williams. Journal of International Economics (Elsevier), 108 (2017) S59-S75.
- Overview and Graphs (New York Fed)
- Current Estimates (Excel)
- Replication Materials
- Working Paper Versions:
- Selected Coverage:
- The Hutchins Center Explains: The neutral rate of interest, October 2018.
- Speech by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell: Monetary Policy: Normalization and the Road Ahead, March 2019.
- Selected speeches by former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen: The Federal Reserve’s Monetary Policy Toolkit: Past, Present, and Future, at Jackson Hole, August 2016; The Economic Outlook and the Conduct of Monetary Policy, January 2017; A Challenging Decade and a Question for the Future, October 2017.
- Selected speeches by former Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer: Low Interest Rates, October 2016; The Low Level of Global Real Interest Rates, July 2017.
- Remarks by Jason Furman, former Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers: The New View of Fiscal Policy and Its Application, Conference: Global Implications of Europe’s Redesign, October 2016.
- Speech by ECB President Mario Draghi: The International Dimension of Monetary Policy, at the ECB Forum on Central Banking, June 2016.
- Central Bankers’ Main Challenge: Staying Relevant, by Greg Ip, The Wall Street Journal, August 2016.
- Google Scholar Citations
- The Columbus Metropolitan Statistical Area, with Kyle Fee. Economic Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, August 2013.
- Rising Asset Ownership among the Income-Poor, with Daniel Carroll. Economic Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, July 2013.
- The Pittsburgh Metropolitan Statistical Area, with Kyle Fee. Economic Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, July 2013.